Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jumble of Mumble

So I have been off the band wagon for awhile and I have a lot to write about. First we had a wonderful Christmas. I think it was the first Christmas Cody had off for a long time. On Christmas Eve I went to my family Christmas party at my Mom's old ward. The last time we will have a party again, since my Mom moved. The nephews and nieces put on the nativity and exchanged gifts. I saw my niece Erin, who we are only 11 months apart, I haven't seen her for a couple years. Then on Christmas we woke up and opened gifts here and then went to Cody's Mom's for the rest of the day. We got to spend the whole day together and the next day as well.
Then Cody went to a paintball tournament last weekend on the second, in Mesquite. My husband is a professional paintball player in his spare time. Yes, he is sponsored and on a pro team. He went on Friday night, they played the game on Saturday and are usually home by 10-11pm. Well I spoke with him on Saturday afternoon at around 2pm. I kept trying to phone him from like 7pm on, to see where he was and how far out he was, he never answered his phone. At around midnight I started to get really worried and thinking the most horrible things of course. No one else that was with him, that I have a phone number for, would answer their phone's either. So I got down and prayed to have some peace to know that he was okay. The first thought that came to my mind was that I have a little boy in Heaven waiting to come to Earth and I can not have him without Cody. But I guess that wasn't good enough for me because one hour later at 1am I got down and prayed again for him to walk through the door or for him to call me. I got done praying and tried to phone him again and this time he answered. God answers prayers!
Speaking on that note on Friday night I was working on the computer, after I had put the kids to bed. Tabatha had come down once, trying to be sneaky and I saw her and she went up to bed. A little while later I felt someone pulling on my hair. I thought it was Tabatha again. I turned around and no one was there. That kind of freaks me out, but I told Cody about it and he had the same thought I did, that our son wants to get down here. I have a lot of experiences like that, I don't really like to share a lot of them, because most people would just think I am crazy. We already have our boy name picked out. We are not telling anyone because no one is named this yet and I don't want anyone to be named this. All I can see his the middle name will be Cody, that is a Duffin tradition that goes back for generations. The first boy's middle name is the name of the Father.
Yesterday was my birthday, I am now 29 years of age and one year out from the good 30. I went to work until Noon, because I still gotta pay the bills and I don't think it is a big deal to work on your birthday. I came home and Cody and I rocked out on Rock Band until dinner at 5:30pm at Iggy's. We went to dinner with my Brother in law Blake and my Mother in law Lynda and her Husband Theron and of course our children. We had a nice time. My Mother in law gave me a snow flake necklace that I have wanted for awhile now. I have earrings that match. Also they made the waiters sing to me and I was embarrassed. Today I am going to have dinner with my sister Deni and her family and I am pretty sure my sister JoDee and her family will be there too. I am so glad I have siblings that are my friends as well. You should always be able to count on family.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Your daughter, Tabitha looks exactly like you! Crazy. I would have killed Rod if he kept me waiting that long not knowing if he was OK or not. I can't stand the suspense!

Gedge's said...

Happy birthday!! Did you get my text? I wasn't going to tell you on your birthday, but my grandma passed away... kinda out of the blue--

I am glad your birthday was a success and that Cody was OK...

Anonymous said...

I'm not professional... and the team is sponsored. But I am good!

Anonymous said...

Oh... yeah. We won!

Tiffany said...

Im glad you guys had such a great Christmas! Your girls are so beautiful. Oh and that story about your hubby leaving the car idling in the driveway for 8 hours totally cracked me up.. I love it!