Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Monday, October 20, 2008

San Diego

We made our way up to San Diego on October 4. We stayed at an older Residence Inn in La Jolla, about 2 minutes from the temple. The Residence Inn was like town home style buildings. I love Residence Inn's because you get a full complimentary breakfast and on Mon-Thurs you get free dinner. We took advantage of all of that, since we had a budget. On the fourth we just relaxed that night, unpacked and went out to dinner. On the 5th we made our way to Sea World. When we were leaving in the morning our car wouldnt start and I had remebered we forgot to get gas the night before. Our gas gage is broken in our car, so we are empty when it reads that we have a quarter tank left. Kyle had to drive Cody to the gas station to get a gas can. Wala and the car starts. None of my kids have been to Sea World before and they loved it. One of the shows is at night and they sell all sorts of glowing and light up things. We bought these mugs that light up with hot cocoa in them. That was our one purchase from Sea World, since we brought our own food. On the 6th we headed to Lego Land. Now Lego Land looks cool and seems cool from the things you read about it, but it is kind of lame. The kids loved it though. There was only one ride that Brookly and Bailey could ride on, so it is definitely for kids Tabatha's age and older. I recommend going there once, but I dont think we will go back. On the 7th we headed to the Zoo. Yeah! Finally a place with free parking. I thought that we would not be able to see the whole zoo because of how large it is, but we got all of it in. We also walked the who0le thing. I think we walked like 5-6 miles that day. I loved seeing the Panda bears and Koala Bears. I love Zoo's and this was an awesome zoo! They have great living quarters for all of their animals. If I was an animal, that had to live in a zoo, I would live there. On the 8th we headed back to Newport Coast for more Disney fun and I will post that in a couple days. I will also add some pictures to this post later today. I wanted to get the writing done while I was at work and wouldn't be disturbed.

3 comments:

Keri said...

you guys had quite the vacation! i have never been to legoland- it looks like fun! your twins look SO much like you liesl! very cute!!!!

Gedge's said...

I heard about Legoland- it's not for kids 5 and younger. It's more fun for older kids. The things made out of Legos looked cool to see though. I would love to go to the zoo one day. I can't believe that you walked the whole zoo in one day! WOW!!! It looks like you had such a fun vacation(even with the car troubles). It kinda stinks to come back to reality, but money doesn't grow on trees, right? We so need to get together soon! Your kids are growing so fast. I miss seeing Tabatha- Your twins look so much like she did when I babysat her. Time goes by so fast. I remember when you had them and I came to visit you- they were so little. Enjoy each little moment with them all!

Me in a nut shell said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun on the trip, I need to talk to you about it more! How did you get the pictures to post side to side... Looks good!