Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Shopping

So yesterday I finished most of my Christmas shopping. I have to get a stocking stuffer and I already know what I am getting. I will go get those today. It wasnt too bad doing all the shopping with the girls with me. I gave them each a ball to play with while we were in the store and they were happy. Usually they end up eating a whole bag of little cookies, while shopping, to keep them quiet. When we went to go check out I handed the clerk the balls and said I wasnt purchasing these, she looked at me funny and that when we pulled out the animal crackers for the girls. I ended up wrapping all the gift yesterday, yeah, because if you know me things have to be done now. I can let anything sit or else it drives me crazy.
Speaking of sitting, I found a sweater in my closet that needs to be sewn. It had a hole in the sleeve, on the stiching, that needed to be fixed. I decided to take a stab at it. Mind you I had to do it all by hand, because I do not own a sewing machine. I have never been so good with sewing. But I have to say I am proud of myself. I turned the sleeve inside out and went at it. it is fixed and works and you cant tell at all. I am actually wearing that sweater as I type this. I probably will not pick up sewing or go buy a machine, but I can sew a little hole and a button.

1 comment:

Gedge's said...

Way to go for being done Christmas shopping. I have a few little things to get as well. As for the sewing, I can't sew a button. That's awesome that you could do it!!! R u still coming today?