Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving & Preparing for Holy Days

So we had a great Thanksgiving. We went to Cody's Mom's house, we switch off every year. Although we did have a Thanksgiving dinner at my Mom's on the Sunday before, it will be the last dinner we have together as a family in that house. My Mom sold her house and will be moving out on December 19. Anyway Lynda (Cody's Mom) cooked all of the food for Thanksgiving dinner. I did help out washing celery and putting cheese and paprika in the celery. I cooked the corn and made the gravy and she did everything else. Theron, which is Lynda's husband, his sisters came over. So it was Cody, myself, Tabatha, Bailey, Brooklyn, Lilly (Holt's daugter), Theron, Lynda and Therons two sisters. It was a small party but it was great. We ate and then I creamed everyone at Apples to Apples. Lynda gives each one of us a ornament and we open them the day we put the tree up, which is the day after Thanksgiving.
We put the tree up today and all of the decorations. I love Christmas! I love cleaning the house as we put up the decorations! I love the smell of Christmas. I love how everyone is so nice to each other during this season. Don't be politically correct, say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays, let everyone know you love CHRISTmas!

5 comments:

Keri said...

liesl! cute christmas decorations!! where did you find your stocking board? i need something like that in my house since we dont have a fireplace. way cute:)

Brandi said...

Amen to the Merry Christmas! I think happy holidays is lame. Can't wait to put up our tree and decorations and making cookies and on and on and on.......

Gedge's said...

I love this time of year, too. To reflect on the true meaning of CHRISTmas. Thanks for the reminder!

Me in a nut shell said...

We kekpt trying to get to that point this weekend, but it was all I could do to recover from cooking from Thanksgiving! You decor is great!

Katie said...

I love Christmas decorating! I also love that the house stays clean during the season for fear of not being able to see the decorations! Cute house and cute pictures of the girls!!!