Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Run off the Stress

So I have to brag for a bit, because I am proud of myself. I have four sisters that run and bike like no other. I swear I am the only one in my family that is not in shape. So I challenged myself to get my 8 minute mile back in running. I used to be in shape and I looked in the mirror the other day and asked myself how I got this way. We have a gym in our club house, which is in coventry south, a couple blocks over. I pile the kids in the wagon and walk over. I look like a beached whale in spandex walking over there because I have my excersice gear on. They have a gated circle to put the kids in to play while you work out. It doesnt work so well for Tabatha, she usually runs all over the place.
So the first time I went I ran a mile in 13 minutes, the second time 11.3, the third time 9 and the fourth 8.16. then I started running two miles to see if I could keep the stride. The first time I ran in in 16.11, the second time 16.02 and I must do a lot better when I have soemone to talk to there because the last time I ran it in 15.45. I will start doing three miles to see if I can keep that together. I really want to do a triatholon with my sister next year, but we'll see. I only go about two times a week, three if I am lucky. it is easier when I can leave the kids with Cody and go and I can only do that on Saturday's.

2 comments:

Taylor made said...

You go Girl. Once you have run all your stress off maybe you can run off mine!

Me in a nut shell said...

I know what your going through... What Happened?!! ;)