Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Raisin Up the Nose


So I had a lovely three hours in Primary Children’s ER last night. At around 7:30-8, Brooklyn came downstairs and told me she had a raisin in her nose. I went upstairs to check it out and Bailey told me she had one in her nose as well. I took Bailey and started to look at her nose with the flashlight and I thought I could see it, but wasn’t sure with her squirming around. I took her in her room, so I could set her up on her changing table and have access to the bulb syringe. Tabatha and Brooklyn at this point were jumping on the bed. Brooklyn came over and handed me a raisin and told me hers came out of her nose. I then proceeded with trying to get Bailey’s out. I used tweezers, the bulb syringe, I tried to get her to blow her nose (she just kept sniffing), I covered her mouth and blew into the nostril without the raisin in it, I also tried to plug the un-raisined nostril and blow into her mouth. Nothing worked! After much debate with Cody, on the phone at work, I decided to take her to the ER. There was no way I was taking all three girls to the ER by myself. So I called my visiting teacher, thank God for Noell, she came over and stayed with Tabatha and Brooklyn. So we were off to the ER.

We arrived at 9:45 and were asked to put a mask on, because everyone has the swine flew, I was so excited for that. I hate hospital ER rooms! Now have you ever tried to get your three year old to wear a mask, ya doesn’t work so well. Later on I asked her if we should take a picture with her, with the mask on and show Dada, she said lets show it to Noell, so we put her mask on and took a picture and from that point on she left it on. If I ever tried to pull my mask down she would put it back up for me and tell me to keep my mask on.

So we waited for two hours and were finally put back in a room. A nurse came in and took Bailey’s vitals. Then the Doctor came in and used a scope to make sure the raisin was still there. Because Bailey was saying that it popped out, probably because she was scared at the options the doctor was telling me. He told me it was pretty deep in there. He then went to go get the ENT doctor to come look at her nose. Another person came in and took our information, charged me my $100 co-pay and then we were still waiting for the other doctor to come in. While we were waiting Bailey learned how to blow her nose and blew it out. Wonderful, my luck! I am glad they didn’t have to do anything to her, but I just paid $100 and have sat her for how long. The other doctor came in and scoped her nose to make sure. She said it was inflamed and to keep an eye on it, in case there was something still hiding. If it became stinky or pussy to bring her back in. We signed a discharge paper and left.

Cody called as I was leaving and yelled at me for not asking for my co-pay back. I told him they were not going to give that back to me. I took up space in there hospital, a couple doctors looked at her and I signed a financial sheet when I walked in. When I got home at 1:30am Cody informed me that he called and left a message with the administrative office about getting out co-pay back. I doubt that will happen, but I guess it can’t hurt to try.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ughh...I'm so sorry! I hate ERs and I hate paying Dr's when you solve your own problems. That sucks.

Rachel said...

How do you do it? You are my hero.

Me in a nut shell said...

You always have stories!!! Like the post below this OMG!!! What is the world... so you need to tell me in more detail, when I come into work next week! I can't beleive your luck!~